Memory Boards

As our year in third grade came to an end, The Discoverers continued to work on creating memories for their friends. Every day we would try to write at least one memory card to someone in our classroom. The memory boards were so impressive that they inspired other classes to do the project also. The boards were also used during the spring reading at Rice University and created quite a stir among the audience. Everyone was talking about the artistic talent as well as the writing talent!!
Here are some memories that we wrote about:
*I remember when you taught us about Martin Luther King, Jr. You showed us the I have a Dream Speech.
*Do you remember the time when we went on a field trip to the space museum. I learned a lot of things. I learned stuff that I never knew about. It was the funnest field trip ever!
*These last few months of heaven, I have had the best of times. The best thing you have done for us was pumpkin math.
*Remember the time we did found poetry? It was so hard because I was rushing on the oil pastels.
*Do you remember when we did the money museum and we got to tour children or parents around the room?
*Remember when we made speeches. We had to pick a human rights activist an do a presentation. We wrote our own speech. There were people I never knew of.
*Remember when we did dream houses? We had to use cylinders, rectangles, squares and domes. We had to arrange our pieces to look like a dream house.
*The time we did our speeches I was very nervous because I don't do speeches that much.
*Do you remember when we did Pumpkin math? I have to thank you for that opportunity. We got to do math the fun way when you did that.
*Remember when the Discoverers made "this is me" portraits? We used mirrors and oil pastels to make them. Right now they are hanging on the window.
*I like how you have so many stories to tell all the time. My favorite was Tinfoil Tag.

No comments: