Skyscraper Illustrations

This week we used words to visualize a picture in our minds.   I  read a poem out loud several times and the students sketched what they saw in their minds.  It's interesting to see the various perspectives.  Next, we tried a new art medium - oil pastels.  
We also wrote some words to express how we felt or what we were thinking while doing this activity.  Here's some of the thoughts: 
"One way to leap is to touch the stars far away from you and reach your dreams by catching it."
"Day and night, hear people talking, cars honking, kids laughing, ants crawling, 
sun setting,  stars rising." 
"The sun is a golden yellow. Calm. No living things.  The crescent moon sits in the sky"
"I wish I had the sky for the light in the dark to see, my greatest dream.  
The skyscraper is as strong as me."

No comments: